Tuesday 29 March 2011

I agree with the previous comments made by Liz.


Yesterday, Monday, I observed for about an hour at each of seven nests in the east of Radnorshire, I only saw three birds! Kites here appeared to be rarities, if, I did not know kites had nested in these areas last year I would not have spent time observing these locations


It did make me wonder if the nests are still active or has the harsh winter reduced numbers in this part of the principality? Only time will tell.


Moving some miles south west I did, however, have some success. I was able to locate a nest in an area where I saw birds last year but, was unable to locate the nest site. Having obtained the required permission the landowner informed me they had nested in that wood last year. A bonus for me is one of the pair is a tagged bird (not read).

No comments:

Post a Comment